How to edit fonts in search results and index?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter Muckle

How to edit fonts in search results and index?

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

Hello,

I'm having trouble working out where to edit the fonts used in search results and index.

Thanks for a pointer

Peter
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to edit fonts in search results and index?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Peter Muckle wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:53 am I'm having trouble working out where to edit the fonts used in search results and index.
Where? WebHelp? CHM? PDF? Word? RTF? eBooks? Which template or skin?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Peter Muckle

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

I didn't realise you could search PDF, Word, RTF!

The same template I have mentioned in my last 5 posts....

Minimalist_Standard_eWriter

Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I deal with over a hundred different support requests every day, so it's easy to lose track of individual ones unless there's a reference. In that skin the general UI font is global, set with the UIFONT_DESKTOP variable that you can find in the Main Layout variables group. If you want to set a different font and font size for those individual pages you need to do it directly in the CSS files in the Baggage for those pages: hmwebhelp_search_desktop.css and hmwebhelp_index_desktop.css (there are only desktop files in the eWriter skins).

You will find the general font family setting at the top of each of those files. Look for the <%UIFONT_DESKTOP%> variable and replace it with your font family reference. Be sure to provide fallback fonts that will be available everywhere if you use unusual fonts.

If you want to change the global font size for the page set by the <%HMFONTSIZEBASE%>% setting at the top of the file (note the % after the variable), replace the variable with a percent setting, for example 95%. For individual components, look for the individual font-size: settings throughout both files for the individual components. The settings must be in rem, otherwise the size adjustment won't work. You can use up to three decimal places for rem, for example 0.994rem.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.