"Clean HTML" output

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Krimmel

"Clean HTML" output

Unread post by Martin Krimmel »

Hi H&M experts

Sorry for the naive question but I'm probably failing to see the obvious.

I wonder, if it is possible to create "clean HTML" output with H&M that really only contains the topic content and nothing else such as navigation, scripting, TOC references etc?

If yes, how would I have to configure H&M (or maybe the Premium Pack?) to do that?

Thank you for a push into the right direction.

Regards
Martin
Martin Krimmel
Technical Writer/Translator
d.velop Life Sciences GmbH
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: "Clean HTML" output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

You can't generate completely scriptless HTML, because you need some scripting for things like toggles, which would just be dead without it. However, you can absolutely generate WebHelp without any templates if all you need are the HTML pages to embed yourself. First remember that you must not select any skin when you publish. Before publishing, go to Publishing Options > WebHelp > Layout and select the No Frames option.

This generates all the topics as regular HTML pages that can be opened on their own. The index.html file will just be a list of links to your topics, i.e. a basic table of contents, which you can use or discard as you wish. Similarly, the search and keyword pages are also generated, along with the necessary support files and can be used or discarded. There is also a CSS file for the content formatting and a couple of JS files that should be used for functions like expanding toggles and videos in light boxes.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.