Overlapping on displaying Quick Search results

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Frank_Wibu

Overlapping on displaying Quick Search results

Unread post by Frank_Wibu »

Hello all,
a user told me about a strange effect in the result display of the "Quick Search" function.
The text display of the results overlaps in all browsers.
Does anyone know this effect and can help me please?
Help is very much appreciated.

Cheers
Frank

I am using Version 8.4.1 Build 5881
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Overlapping on displaying Quick Search results

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Frank,

Hmm... since you refer to "browsers" I am guessing that you might be talking about search in WebHelp and not in Help+Manual itself. And since the only place that there is a "Quick Search" function is in the V2 WebHelp skins in the Premium Pack add-on I am also guessing that you might be referring to using one of those skins. :)

However, I've just tested this extensively and there are no problems with any "overlaps" that I can see anywhere. Could you describe the problem in some more detail? Also, please make sure that you are using the current version of the Premium Pack, which is 4.3.0 (check this in the title bar of the Toolbox configuration utility) and that you are not using an old skin copy but one from the 4.3 Premium Pack folder in \Templates\HTML Skins\ in the Help+Manual program directory.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Frank_Wibu

Hi Tim,

as always, nothing escapes your eagle eye :wink:

Yes, I use the skin "WebHelp_SlateBlue.hmskin" since Premium Pack version 2.75 customized to our corporate style. And afterwards applied the respective PP updates.

This worked fine, but now this problem with the results display occurs when searching.

We would be very reluctant to use a new PP template, as the "WebHelp_SlateBlue.hmskin" with its features 'Ribbon', 'Multiple Topics in different Tabs', etc. is very well received by our customers.

What can I do. so that I can address the display problem in ?he 'vintage' template :wink:

Regards
Frank
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Frank,
And afterwards applied the respective PP updates.
You can't apply updates to old skins. You need to use the new version of the skin and add your changes to that. The V2 skins you are using are still being maintained and fully updated versions of them are included in the current version of the Premium Pack. Give it a try without editing to get started and see if your problem is solved. I would expect that, because as far as I can see this issue is definitely not present there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Frank_Wibu

Hi Tim,

you are absolutely right. I was misled by the name "V3 WebHelp Skins" and lost sight of "V2 WebHelp + EWriter Skins".

After applying the necessary customizing everything works as it should. :D

Well, sometimes small things have big effects.

Thanks again for the fast and competent support as usual.

Regards
Frank