One for the Coffee Geeks

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

One for the Coffee Geeks

Unread post by Tim Green »

As the saying goes, programmers and technical writers are devices that convert espresso beans into code and documentation. In keeping with this, most of the people who read this forum are probably interested in anything to do with coffee, good coffee and how to make better coffee. I'd thus like to recommend this audio and video podcast in which Leo Laporte interviews Phillip Broughton, the brilliant inventor of the "Black Blood of the Earth" series of cold vacuum extracted coffee concentrates:

http://twit.tv/show/triangulation/86

In addition to being delightfully funny and entertaining, Phil is a treasure trove of fascinating information on everything to do with coffee, its constituents and effects and the art and science of extracting something drinkable and pleasurable from coffee beans. Even though his specialty, the cold extraction process in all its varieties, is not every coffee drinker's favorite -- some like myself prefer the bitter edge and bite of a hot-extracted espresso -- this detracts nothing from the podcast. I learned more about coffee from it in a shorter time than from any other source I can think of. Unusually good and highly recommended. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.