Use H&M for general publishing (not just help)?

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

Kevin Killion

Use H&M for general publishing (not just help)?

Unread post by Kevin Killion »

I've been working with an old professor from my alma mater who is creating a history of his specialty, radio at his university. He would like this to be both a PRINTED BOOK (probably print-on-demand) and also a WEBSITE. This is NOT a typical "help" project.

A nifty desirable feature of this project would be that the book could have some medium sized pictures, while the website could have those and more, in both thumbnail and full size. The website could also have links to audio files.

I have not found any general market product that can manage a single content base and output to both print and website.

But the wonderful H&M can do it! It's currently focused on creating help, but maybe there is a much larger market waiting out there.

Have you considered promoting H&M for the general market, perhaps with enhancements suited for that?

Kevin
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Use H&M for general publishing (not just help)?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kevin,

We are actually moving more and more towards supporting book production as well as help. Note also that your professor will be able to (and should!) produce eBook versions as well, so that it can also be released as an Amazon Kindle, Apple iBook and generic ePub book, in parallel to the website and print-on-demand versions. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.