Multiple Editors on Help&Manual Professional

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

LinBrowne

Multiple Editors on Help&Manual Professional

Unread post by LinBrowne »

Hi there
Can someone give me some guidance please. We purchased a single license for Professional. Is it possible for us, using this license, to have someone else help edit the existing documents whilst I am also working on it? I checked the manual and it does mention something along that line but I have no idea what we need to make it happen. Does the software have to be loaded on a central server?

Please could you help urgently.

Regards
Lin
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Editors on Help&Manual Professional

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lin,

Each Help+Manual Professional license is for one user. If you want to have two users working on the same project that is possible, but then you need a second license for the second user. (You can get a large discount for purchasing multiple licenses.) You can work on the same project directly if you are in the same office on the same local network. If you want to work on the same project from geographically separate locations you need to install a version control system. We recommend the free SubVersion system, which is better and much easier to configure and maintain than the expensive Microsoft Team Foundation Server system.

See this page in the help for more information on multi-user editing:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... diting.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
LinBrowne

Unread post by LinBrowne »

Thank you for the quick response.

How do I go about getting a quote for a second license? I tried the website but it presumes I want to buy multiple licenses straight up.

Lin
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lin,

Please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) directly and we'll send you an appropriate discount link for your follow-up purchase. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.