HM on symbian

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

hcrvelin

HM on symbian

Unread post by hcrvelin »

I hope this is right place to ask off topic question. I have one project documentation with hundreds of chm files (each around 2MB) which mostly 99% text only (perhaps 2-3 pics). I'd like to use that on my smartphone which is Symbian based, but there is no such thing as chm reader for Symbians. As I'm satisfied with my mobile phone I really don't wish to change it for windows mobile based one just because of that so I was wondering - is anyone aware of how can this be achieved?

I tried converting this to xml/html but it is slow process and on mobile phone simply doesn't meet expectations. So, if anyone has any good idea I would surely appreciate it.
Rgds,
H
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

There is a project template for use for Help & Manual projects on Symbian and Pocket PC phones (using Browser-based Help). Everything is already set up for phone browser display. You can find it in your \Samples folder, it is stored in a H&M project with full instructions and all necessary components.

If you haven't updated to 4.3 yet the Samples folder is in the H&M program directory. In 4.3 and above it's located in My Documents\My HelpAndManual Projects\Samples. (Before updating to 4.3 you should uninstall 4.2 to clear the old folder structure.)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
hcrvelin

Unread post by hcrvelin »

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response. I will give it a try (I'm already on 4.3).

I will post back my results once I do it and test it.
Rgds,
H