Seeking HTML/CSS editor for Mac OS X

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

Dean Whitlock

Seeking HTML/CSS editor for Mac OS X

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hello all,

I have been using Homesite to edit HTML files when using Windows, but I also work on a Macintosh OS X system. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive (perhaps free) HTML editor that is similar to Homesite? Snowmonkey looks interesting, but I haven't been able to find any online documentation or demo. Dreamweaver is a bit expensive and has far more features than I need.

Thanks,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dean,

Run, don't walk, and get yourself the free trial of Coda from Panic. If you liked HomeSite you're going to love this. It costs $79 but it's worth every penny. (And if you want to see how serious these people are about good HTML watch what happens when you click on a tab or an image on their website...)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

Tim wrote:
watch what happens when you click on a tab or an image on their website...)
Nice animation, but it took nearly 20 seconds to get the home page (ISDN 64 kBit/sec). :shock:

Normally I would abort that.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

waldemar.hersacher wrote: Nice animation, but it took nearly 20 seconds to get the home page (ISDN 64 kBit/sec). :shock:
Hmm... I guess I'm spoiled on my 6mbit per second DSL line... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Sigh...at home I still have dial-up only. Oh, to live in a civilized country! :x

But Coda does look like a good editor, even if I never use such fancy animations myself. Thanks for the reference. :)

-Dean