Save Drafts in Forum

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Save Drafts in Forum

Unread post by Tim Green »

I've just added an extended "Save Drafts" function to the forum software. This allows you to save drafts of your postings before putting them online, with full formatting, attachments etc. Drafts management is also significantly improved.

WARNING: This still doesn't protect you from losing your posts if your session has become invalid before you click on Submit, however, so it's still a good idea to copy your post to the clipboard before posting just to be sure!

By the way: The timeout for forum sessions is 2 hours, so your session shouldn't actually become invalid because of a timeout. I'm not actually sure what causes this occasional problem. It may be a browser issue, possibly security settings, because some people seem to suffer from it more than others. :x
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
David Makulec

Re: Save Drafts in Forum

Unread post by David Makulec »

Losing a carefully-crafted post only happened to me once -- but once was enough. ;-)

Thanks -- both for Drafts and also for the reminder to be a bit more cautious anyway.