Help & Manual 6 Released

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Help & Manual 6 Released

Unread post by Tim Green »

It's finally here and it's a really major release. Visit the new website to learn all about it:

http://www.ec-software.com/

:laola: :laola: :laola:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ashley Dennison

Re: Help & Manual 6 Released

Unread post by Ashley Dennison »

Bought and downloaded the upgrade.

Two things though.
The premium pack offered along with the deal is 1.41 (yes i DID buy it twice....oops)
The new help and manual website doesnt work in google chrome browsers.
John Waller

Unread post by John Waller »

Ashley Dennison wrote:The new help and manual website doesnt work in google chrome browsers.
What's not working for you? The entire website or parts of it (which parts)?

Seems OK here in Chrome 15/Win 7.
Regards

John Waller
v.6.2.2 Build 2636
Ashley Dennison

The whole site I'm afraid. It works fine on Firefox, so I changed to that to place the order.
It might be something odd with my machine, so perhaps a reboot is needed.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Ashley,

The 1.50 version of the Premium Pack is just the current version updated for compatibility with Help & Manual 6 and one small new feature (URL switches for opening the Search and Index panes in WebHelp and optionally performing searches). Version 2.0 has not been released yet. If you're really getting 1.41 from the installer mail me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll send you the new link.

If you're having problems with Chrome on the new website make sure you clear your cache (temporary internet files) and then try again. Chrome's cache is very sticky, and old versions of the files can cause problems. Including a spurious "incompatible with Chrome" warning caused by the warning built into the old help version.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ashley Dennison

Tim,
Email sent, and the problem with the site was indeed cache related.
I haven't seen Chrome do that before, but now I know that it does...
Many thanks.
SteveBarnett

Unread post by SteveBarnett »

I just tried to get in to the H&M 6 forums and I'm apparently not authorised. Am I just jumping the gun here? I have upgraded; promise :D

Steve
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Steve,

No problem, I just hadn't finished setting up the new forum's settings. You should be able to post now. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

Well done guys! It's looking fantastic

I tried to post on the new forum, but it's been sent off to the great admin portal in the sky awaiting approval. :)

Congratulations again. :hoorahg: :hoorahg: :hoorahg: :hoorahb: :hoorahb: :surprise: :surprise: :hoorahb: :hoorahb: :hoorahg: :hoorahg:
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Heidi,

The permissions settings in the new version of the forum software have got horribly complicated. It should be working now, give it a try... :shock:
Regards,

Private support:
Anna Nees

Unread post by Anna Nees »

Awesome news about the new release - congratulations guys!

I just have one question - we are looking at upgrading primarily so when we publish to html files we can easily display lists and normal lists, without them being put into tables. Can you please confirm that this has been included in this version, as was suggested earlier in the year?

Many thanks,
Anna
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the flowers! 8)
Anna Nees wrote:I just have one question - we are looking at upgrading primarily so when we publish to html files we can easily display lists and normal lists, without them being put into tables. Can you please confirm that this has been included in this version, as was suggested earlier in the year?
Yes, lists as tables are gone. You now have two options: The default option exports "lists as text", which uses CSS formatting to emulate a list without it actually being a UL or OL list. If you turn this off Help & Manual will export an HTML UL or OL list. The setting is in Configuration > Publishing Options > HTML Help/WebHelp > HTML Export Options.

Actually, however, for the sake of full disclosure you can already turn off lists as tables in Help & Manual 5: The setting is in the same place, and it turns off lists as tables and exports UL and OL lists instead. :mrgreen:
Regards,

Private support:
Austin York

Unread post by Austin York »

Have received 2 emails offering paid upgrade to v6. However I purchased the BDJ promo for v5 in July 2011, which was said to include a free upgrade to V6. Where/how can I access the free upgrade?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Austin,

Please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) directly, we will help you out. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Muneer Ahmed

Unread post by Muneer Ahmed »

Hi,
I would like to ask that does Help and Manual version 6 has this feature:
Can the Help and Manual version 6 find-out that an image is referred to how many places in the project. Sometimes, when we remove an image and If it is referred in more than one place, then the other place would lose the image, so we have to manually check the whole help. Is there any option like 'Find Referrers' which finds out the referrers to the file that where it has been referred , so can it also do it for images, as well that an image is referred in how many other files?

Please reply, I would be thankful to you.
BR,
Eager to Learn