Premium Pack 2 Released

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Premium Pack 2 Released

Unread post by Tim Green »

Premium Pack 2 has now been released with a total of 45 skins: 14 WebHelp skins, 8 Smartphone skins, 8 CHM Skins, a dedicated iPad skin and 14 updated Classic dual-mode skins for both WebHelp and CHM. Visit this page for full details.

The new WebHelp skins introduce a toolbar, sliding and undockable tabs and a collapsible header. The CHM skins have a compact header with drop-down menus for the advanced functions, and support for links to external files with relative paths. The smartphone skins support touch, pinch-to-zoom and swiping and are compatible with iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry (OS6+).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Aitch

Re: Premium Pack 2 Released

Unread post by Aitch »

Fantastic!!

Thank you Tim!
Tomek Shaft

Unread post by Tomek Shaft »

Hello Tim,

Is it possible to update my currently Premium Pack v1.52 to the latest version ? Or i have to buy it once again?

About updating Help and Manual 6 to the v6.1.0 build 2502 i see that it is free of charge for old users :)

I bought Help and Manual 6 Proffesional with Premium Pack at 26.01.2012.

Bless...
Regards...
Tomek
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Tomek,

Premium Pack 2 is not actually an update, it is a completely new product. It includes over 30 completely new skins, in addition to updated versions of the skins from version 1, which are now called the "Classic" skins. Users who purchased within two months of the release are getting a free update. Existing users who purchased earlier than that can buy an upgrade at a 50% discount from this page:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/order.html ... on=upgrade

Just select the Premium Pack Upgrade option from the drop-down list at the top.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tomek Shaft

Unread post by Tomek Shaft »

Thank You for Your reply Tim and information :)
cindynotbrady

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

Tim, would you please verify for me that if we get Premium Pack 2 we will no longer have the akward linking-to-other-help files issue if we use certain skins? For the record, we link to other help files by using a javascript that you described in one to the chat boards. If this is the case, I think I can convince my manager to get us all copies of the latest HelpandManual (which we desperately need, but this would seriously seal the deal). Also, do the skins make the help files much bigger? We need to maintain relatively small help files, so it doesn't take a long time when our users press <F1>.

Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

What "linking to other help files" issue are you referring to?
Also, do the skins make the help files much bigger?
Not at all. If you have the latest version of Help & Manual installed you can try them out with the non-configurable demo samples of the skins that you will find in the /Templates/HTML Skins folder in the Help & Manual program directory. (The demo versions will also add a copyright notice to every page of your help output.)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

What "linking to other help files" issue are you referring to?
Also, do the skins make the help files much bigger?
Not at all. If you have the latest version of Help & Manual installed you can try them out with the non-configurable demo samples of the skins that you will find in the /Templates/HTML Skins folder in the Help & Manual program directory. (The demo versions will also add a copyright notice to every page of your help output.)
Regards,

Private support:
cindynotbrady

Since we build help in chm format to be used on each of our customer's individual license of our product, we can't tie one help to another help simply by linking "oustide help topic," due to Microsoft's security issues with .chms. Instead, we use a javascript that looks like this:

JavaScript:showHelp('ms-its:OriginatedReturnsGEM.chm::/CreateReturnsScreenGEM.htm#anchor');

That's only part of the javascript, but you get the idea, I think. Let me know if you need more information.

It would be great if we no longer needed to use the javascript, as it adds an extra long step.
cindynotbrady

I noticed the CHM Link Fixer that it fixes links to PDFs in outside folders. I was hoping that it would also fix links to other .chm files. For more information about our situation, each of the screens in our software has its own .chm call and each chm is saved in one folder called Help in the program file of the application (stored on the C: drive). So they are technically all in the same folder, but it may vary by user where our program is stored for each user (depending on if they use Windows 7 or Windows XP or other versions of Windows).
cindynotbrady

I just realized that maybe we haven't needed the javascript all along, since all of our users must run our software on their C:drive, along with the .exe file. However, I'm not confident things will work just yet. How do I tell HelpandManual when I'm linking to an outside help file, but when compiled it will be in the same folder as all the other help files, that if the .chm file isn't in the C:\Program Files\[OURSOFTWARENAME]\Help, look in the C:\Program Files (x86)\[OURSOFTAWERENAME]\Help?

Is there anyway to avoid giving a path at all when inserting a hyperlink to another help file, and the system will just know to look for the help file in the same folder as the current help file (.chm)?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

The file link fixer is for linking to other external files like PDF, DOC and so on. If you are linking to topics in other CHM files those must still be in the same folder as the CHM file containing the link. This is also necessary for runtime-merged CHM files where the master CHM displays the contents of child CHMs.
Regards,

Private support: