H&M 6.4 Sneak Preview

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

H&M 6.4 Sneak Preview

Unread post by Tim Green »

In 6.4, in addition to a large number of minor improvements, we are adding the ability to include/exclude entire rows and columns of tables with conditional text tags. If you want to try out this new functionality see the announcement and download link here in our news feed:

http://news.helpandmanual.com/2013/09/s ... anual-6-4/

Some of the other changes and improvements (not a complete list):
  • Full project report: videos and video preview images are now included in the report. When toggle image used a different image for the collapsed view, this image is now also included in the project report.
  • Dropdown toggles in print output: when "no icon" is specified, H&M now removes the indentation before the text heading
  • Positioning of dialog windows on secondary monitors improved
  • PDF/Print: wrong page break calculation caused floating images on the first line of a topic to hang off the bottom of the page
  • Small bug in default Webhelp template and skins: anchors in the url query were filtered out
  • When creating a link with drag & drop from the TOC into a topic and the source project was not identical with the target project, the project reference was not assigned.
  • CHM export: when topics that start with an underscore "_" are excluded from CHM search (this is a new option in version 6.3), the images used in these topics were not automatically included in the CHM file. Normally the CHM compiler parses HTML files and automatically includes images. The trick to exclude topics from search is to use a .xhtm file extension, which the compiler does not parse (and not index). The skipped parsing process also skipped images referenced in those topics. We now explicitely include images in those topics into the files list for the CHM compiler.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindynotbrady

Re: H&M 6.4 Sneak Preview

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

Hi Tim,

I think I have encountered a major glitch with this version. When inserting a help project, I can't get it to allow me to add a chm rather than an hmxz. Could this be due to this version? I know it worked with version 6.3.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M 6.4 Sneak Preview

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,
cindynotbrady wrote:I think I have encountered a major glitch with this version. When inserting a help project, I can't get it to allow me to add a chm rather than an hmxz. Could this be due to this version? I know it worked with version 6.3.
Actually, that is a fix. It is the previous behavior was a bug. It would seem to work, but only if the HMXZ was available. It will actually still work in the same way if you enter *.chm in the selector field to force display of the CHM files to select. However, it is not really working and never was: You are still actually selecting the .hmxz file that just happened to be present in the same folder.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.