Help & Manual 3.52 released (GIF enabled)

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Help & Manual 3.52 released (GIF enabled)

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We are glad to announce the availability of Help & Manual version 3.52 (Build 1031)!
This is a free update for all registered 3.xx users.

The most important function in this new version is support for GIF images. For a detailed list of new features and changes, please visit:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/hmrelease.htm

The update is available from the registered users page.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
kthompson

Unread post by kthompson »

>>>The update is available from the registered users page.

How do I get there?

Thanks.
kthompson

Unread post by kthompson »

Never mind. I just received an email with the link.

FYI-from the announcement, I was expecting to see a link to a registered users area on the Web site.
ErosOlmi

Unread post by ErosOlmi »

Sorry but where is the "registered user page"?
I didn't receive any mail about that.

Maybe I missed something.

Thanks a lot.
Eros
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Eros,

You should have received a link to it along with the password and username that you got when you purchased H&M. If you no longer have this information just contact support AT ec-software.com for help.
Last edited by Tim Green on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Chris Dickinson

Unread post by Chris Dickinson »

>We are glad to announce the availability of Help & Manual version 3.52 (Build 1031)!

I'm able to get onto the download site using the password supplied in the email; but I'm not able to download the update.

I'm getting a 'You are not authorised to view this page' message. Any suggestions as to what to do? I use ZA Pro as a firewall; but haven't yet tried switching it off (for obvious reasons!).

Chris Dickinson
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Chris,

Zone Alarm won't cause any trouble. There is probably some kind of problem with your password or user name, which you should have received when you purchased Help & Manual, and also with the e-mail notification of the update. Please contact EC Software directly for assistance at support AT ec-software.com.
Last edited by Tim Green on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Corey Harper

A word to the wise for AutoIT users

Unread post by Corey Harper »

Because I learned about, and started using AutoIT through the users of this form, I thought I would mention something I ran into with the new release of H&M. I have been using AutoItSpyWindow to get button class names for selecting them with script. What I just found out, is that the Make Help File and Run dialog box has changed the numbering on their buttons - I was clicking on Tbutton3 for OK - to compile, but Tbutton3 is now the HELP button (I was scratching my head saying, 'why is help popping up when I just want to compile?') I have changed my script to click Tbutton4 and now it works fine - just something I wasn't expecting to change with the upgrade - So AutoIT users be aware...

I'm trying to get to the previous version on a co-workers desk to double check the button names between hers and mine, but I'll have to load AutoIt onto her desktop to do it.

What I currently see in the upgrade for the compile dialog box is:
OK - TButton4
Cancel - TButton5
Help - TButton3
Options - TButton1

I didn't keep track of what they all were in the previous version, but I do know that OK was TButton3 - because I was using it - I know I should have checked the text value as well now...Lesson learned!

P.S. I'm new at this stuff, so if I'm the only dummy doing it this way when there's a better way, by all means enlighten me! :wink:
Thanks,
Corey
Corey J. Harper
corey@forob.com