Help & Manual 4 - Maintenance Release 4.0.1

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Help & Manual 4 - Maintenance Release 4.0.1

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

This update fixes a few minor problems that were not addressed in the mainenance release last week.

Download:
http://download.ec-software.com/hmsetup.exe
  • Window positioning for dual-monitor settings improved
  • List styles with legal numbering: indentation was wrong
  • HTML Help in Asian languages: topic titles in CHM full-text search appeared scrambled
  • Spell checker: French exception rules are automatically applied when the project language or the main dictionary is French
  • Winhelp export: Unicode text with German umlauts and other special characters was wrong in the export (ANSI text was correct, so very few help files were affected).
  • Automatic updates: Help & Manual can now check for updates automatically after a customizable time period. This is a new configuration option in Tools > Customize
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
cmcmsf

Unread post by cmcmsf »

As far as Automatic Updates is concerned, I understand the obvious settings of "Once a month" and "Every time Help & Manual starts", but what in the world does "Regularily" mean? It's not even a word (I think you meant "Regularly" -- but even so, what does that mean???).

Thanks.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Thank you for pointing out this misspelling! We will correct that a.s.a.p.
Regularly means "at regular intervals or times" (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary).
Alexander Halser
cmcmsf

Unread post by cmcmsf »

Thanks, but what I meant is what does it mean in the context of H&M? I know what the word, itself, means. :wink: I just wanted to know when it will check for updates if I set it to "Regularly". Is it based on some random time interval?

Thanks.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

I means that it checks for updates not every time you start it, but more frequently than once a month. It will check more often in the beginning and less often if it gets frustrated because it hasn't successfully detected an update for a while. That could be once a week or so. But it never checks for updates on Sundays and occasionally does on weekdays, except if the day is a holiday in Austria. It only checks for updates when it is idle and there are no other urgent tasks to process and it stops checking when it finds that you are on lunch break (it figures you will not read the message while you are away) :wink:

Guess how many chances for a spelling error we had if we described it this way in the dialog box... no, I think "regularly" is just the right term.
Alexander Halser
cmcmsf

Unread post by cmcmsf »

So if I set it to "Regularly", I wouldn't have to stick to a high-fiber diet??? Cool. 8)