Run CHMs on networks with HHReg!

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Run CHMs on networks with HHReg!

Unread post by Tim Green »

New CHM Network Registration Tool:

EC Software has now released a free tool that makes it possible to run HTML Help CHM files on networks despite the new Microsoft security restrictions. HHReg requires no installation and can be used to register both individual CHM files and entire folders on network drives so that the specific files or all CHMs in the specified folder(s) can be opened normally across network drives.

Since you are only registering specific folders or individual CHM files there are no security drawbacks. Other CHMs and CHMs stored in other locations are still blocked so hacking exploits are still prevented.

HHReg also supports command line execution so you can use it in batch and silent mode to automate the registration process. For more details see this page:

http://www.ec-software.com/products_hhreg.html
Last edited by Tim Green on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
vanwerkum

Unread post by vanwerkum »

You may wish to correct your spelling of "explicitely" at http://www.ec-software.com/products_hhreg.html and on the HHReg software dialogs.
"explicitly" is the correct spelling.
jotrane

Unread post by jotrane »

Does this software need to be run on each individual PC? or would I (a non LAN-Administrator) be able to register it for all PCs?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Jo,
jotrane wrote:Does this software need to be run on each individual PC? or would I (a non LAN-Administrator) be able to register it for all PCs?
It has a command line mode that you can use to integrate it in the installation process. But it would have to be run by the installer on every PC on which your help is installed.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.