Help & Manual 3.25 released

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Help & Manual 3.25 released

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I am glad to announce the availability of Help & Manual 3.2.5!

New version of Impict with new online help:

While we implemented a couple of minor improvements in Help & Manual (details see below), I want to express my congratulations to Tim Green (moderator of this forum http://www.it-authoring.com) who wrote the new online help for Impict during the last weeks. Tim delivered an excellent work, a help file that is a pure pleasure to read. When you download the new version, please take a look at the new Impict online help and let the examples inspire you.

New features in Help & Manual 3.2.5:

• The integrated image editor IMPICT has a completely new help file. We implemented several minor UI changes and fixes. Impict objects now remember their recent settings and dialog boxes recall their screen positions. Edit|Copy places a bitmap of the objects on the clipboard for easier import/export of images.

• Help & Manual, new functions in the Table menu: convert text to table and vice versa

• Extended keyboard setting in Project|Properties

• Bug fix: if the last character in a heading was "<" it was duplicated during export

• HLP decompilation: better conversion of special characters and symbols

• RTF manual export: color of header font was ignored

• After insertion of a link, the cursor was positioned before the link, not after

• Print manual designer: bug fix for mouse dragging (objects were automatically moved 2 pixels up and left) and a new menu items "Select All" and "Unselect"

Download:

Please download the new version from our registered users page.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Thanks for the kind words Alex! :)

A browser-based version of the new Impict help can be viewed online on my website through this page:

http://www.it-authoring.com/samples.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
RayM

Fantastic

Unread post by RayM »

I just looked at your online demo site. It makes every other on line help site look outdated and obsolete.

:D

This is a great help file and demo showing what can be done with H&M. It blows all the other Help programs on the market away.
Ray M
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Fantastic

Unread post by Tim Green »

RayM wrote:This is a great help file and demo showing what can be done with H&M. It blows all the other Help programs on the market away.
Thanks Ray -- we put a lot of effort into this one because we'd noticed that most people weren't realizing just how much you can do with Impict. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
SMILLIEN

Unread post by SMILLIEN »

:cry: I haven't yet receive the e-mail for the download of the registered version of H&M 3.2.5
When do you think i will get this mail ?
Stéphane Millien.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

haven't yet receive the e-mail for the download of the registered version of H&M 3.2.5

Can't find you in our user database by name, sorry. Would you mind to send your company details with an email to sort this out? We perhaps just have an outdated email address from you. support@ec-software.com
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
SMILLIEN

Unread post by SMILLIEN »

Can't find you in our user database by name, sorry. Would you mind to send your company details with an email to sort this out? We perhaps just have an outdated email address from you.
Oops !
Company name = SACEL
Registered name = Jean Desmons
E-mail = s.informatique@sacel.fr or j.desmons@sacel.fr

Best Regards,
Stéphane Millien.