ALT attibute for image

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ivan R. Lanin

ALT attibute for image

Unread post by Ivan R. Lanin »

It would be useful if you provide alt attribute for images in HTML Help or HTML.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

I agree. At the moment you can enter ALT texts for images included in templates (e.g. in non-scrolling headers etc.), but it would be nice to have them elsewhere.

There is a silly trick for achieving this now: In Project Properties / HTML Export Layout / Image Conversion you can activate the "Export image name as image hint (ALT tag)" option and then just set the image name to the text you want to display.

This is a bit clunky but it doesn't display the file extension, so it does work. Any port in a storm... :roll:

The other workaround is to enter images with inline HTML (Insert/Plain HTML Code...). This is something I do occasionally for inserting invisible GIFs to control tables, which also works well when I'm desperate...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.