Hypertext links in PDF indexes

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Brad Currier

Hypertext links in PDF indexes

Unread post by Brad Currier »

It would be heipful to users if index entries in the PDF output had a hypertext link to what they referenced. (The same way TOC entries have hypertext links now.) The PDFs that I used to create using FrameMaker supported this, and I miss it. (Although most everything else in FrameMaker is covered as well or better by H&M.)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hypertext links in PDF indexes

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your feedback. This is a frequent request and it is already on the Wish List. It will probably be included in the next major version of Help & Manual, but that won't be before the end of the year.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ian Burton

Re: Hypertext links in PDF indexes

Unread post by Ian Burton »

I have noted that this is a much requested feature due, perhaps, in the next major release before the end of the year. Post by Tim 28 March 2014. Unfortunately it seems that feature is still not available. I have spent hours going through the wealth of information in help, documentation, and tutorials, of course, without finding a solution.

It looks like I will have to use a PDF utility to create by hand the Index links to pages for each of the 5 documents that will be released early in the new year.

Please add my pleading and vote for this feature in the next release.
Cheers
Ian