Let the "topic status" be reflected in tree view parent node

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

upscene

Let the "topic status" be reflected in tree view parent node

Unread post by upscene »

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the "topic status"-color be reflected to the parent tree node when it's collapsed?

Currently, I have to expand an item to see if there are any (child) topics with a status different than (complete). Kinda defeats the purpose.
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions - database tools for developers
http://www.upscene.com
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Let the "topic status" be reflected in tree view parent

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martijn,

No, this isn't currently possible and it's not planned at any time in the near future, sorry. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
upscene

Unread post by upscene »

Why wouldn't you plan this? Care to elaborate on it?
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions - database tools for developers
http://www.upscene.com
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martijn,

I'm afraid it isn't up for discussion at the moment. There are hundreds (literally) of requests that would be quite a lot before something like that on the ToDo list before a feature like this. Among other things, it is simply a matter of what resources should be used for.

You can always expand the entire TOC and see the highlighted entries directly. Just select the main Table Of Contents node at the top, then select Explore > Expand Selected Entry in Project > Manage Topics to expand everything. In addition to that you can also find all highlighted topics quickly with a Project Report (in the Project tab), which can also generate reports for topics with specific statuses only, with direct links to the topics in the project from the report.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.