Custom Auto language formatter

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Greg Smith

Custom Auto language formatter

Unread post by Greg Smith »

I'm trying to use the custom language formatter with a script language that has
keywords: works, the custom list lets me set a style for them
number: Uses decimal and hex numbers(23, -0.5, 0x1234). Setting a format does not appear to work
Strings: Uses double quotes, formatting appears to work
Comment: Introduces a comment with a single quote (as Basic used to). Setting Basic as the comment format seems to start a comment on a semicolon.
Separator: we use semicolon as a separator, but this seems to be used as a comment marker in Basic comment mode (and there is no other that is useful for us).

I cannot find any detailed documentation about how this is intended to work. My main problem is that semicolon is taken as a comment marker. In general, there are two types of comment markers: stream in C/C++ /* text over possibly several lines */ and line comments // to the end of the line. Could we be allowed to defined which we use and what character sequences mark the comment rather than assuming that it is the same as Pascal or C or Basic.