Indexes for tables and images in PDF format

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

KonDt

Indexes for tables and images in PDF format

Unread post by KonDt »

Hi,
here my next wishes. :)
We use extensively publishing of pdf documents triggered by daily builds. This works perfectly.
But, the usage is not limited to consumer manuals only. Especially, we create detailed documents with many and large tables, the customers are print out actually. The documents are key word indexed but the customers inquire also indexes for tables (and sometimes images). Could you please add further indexes in the manual designer (or add a more generic approach).
A different numbering scheme (or no numbering) for some chapters in PDF format is also missing for example to add appendixes or to register document changes. But I dont have an idea for an easy solution in this case.

Best regards
Konni
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Indexes for tables and images in PDF format

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Konni,

That's difficult for PDF and will not be available there in the near future, but possibly later. However, Help & Manual 7 is going to include Word DOCX export, and that will include the ability to generate both table and figure indexes.

And no, we cannot provide a firm time frame for the release of Help & Manual 7. It will be later this year, but we can't currently say exactly when. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.