A-Keywords in eWriter

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

KiaserZohsay

A-Keywords in eWriter

Unread post by KiaserZohsay »

I have been looking over the updates to the eWriter format in H+M7, and it looks good. The HM2GO local server is also an interesting alternative. However, we make extensive use of A-Keywords in our existing files, and unless I have missed something, neither of these options support A-keywords.

Not having a similar mechanism (multiple topics containing a keyword, and multiple keywords per topic) is a show-stopper for us. For now, we are stuck in CHM with all of it's "navigation canceled" goodness.

KZ
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: A-Keywords in eWriter

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi KZ,

We can understand your need for A-Keywords. Unfortunately, this isn't so straightforward to implement in something like this. EWriter will provide a powerful alternative to CHM so long as you only need to make calls to topics, which really covers the majority of use cases. If you need this kind of deep compatibility with the CHM you will have to stay with Microsoft's Windows 98 CHM viewer for the moment (that's really still the version they are shipping...). We have plans, however... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.