HM2GO support for PHP files

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

HM2GO support for PHP files

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

If the .PHP or .ASP file extension options are set on the HTML Export Options, pages cannot be previewed locally in HM2GO. The same applies in Firefox. The source is displayed instead.

Obviously any PHP code on the page isn't going to work in HM2GO, but the HTML content could be rendered?

At present the only way to preview topic edits is to upload the project to the server. Or install a full PHP development package.

Unless I'm missing something?

Is there any way to apply the PHP option to specific topics? Often it will be only a few pages needing PHP code, but at present the setting is global for the entire project.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HM2GO support for PHP files

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

Could you re-post this question in the last week of August? HM2Go is Michael's project and he's just off on a well-earned holiday.

If you're looking for a really good local server with excellent PHP, MySQL and Perl support in a compact package, try the free Server2Go, which you can normally get here:

www.server2go-web.de

Unfortunately, the site appears to be offline at the moment. I hope this is just a temporary server problem and that it doesn't mean the site is permanently gone. That would be a pity, because it's a terrific WAMP package that I use for all my local testing... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Re: HM2GO support for PHP files

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Thanks Tim. Yes I will post it again later.

Martin.