Compiler progress trouble flag

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Compiler progress trouble flag

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

In H+M6, the Webhelp compiler progress bar would switch from green to red if it encountered a problem. This doesn't seem to happen in H+M7. As a result, I've missed a few compile problems when the absence of the red bar lead me to not examine the compiler message very closely.

It's not the most urgent thing ever, but I miss that red flag! Can you bring it back?
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Compiler progress trouble flag

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

I'm not entirely sure on the status of this at the moment. I've set a request to our developers and I'll let you know what they say. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote:I'm not entirely sure on the status of this at the moment.
While "I'm not entirely sure" is the standard response string and still widely used, I have updated my files to "I haven't the faintest idea" for better integration into the most common reply contexts.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Martin Wynne wrote:While "I'm not entirely sure" is the standard response string and still widely used, I have updated my files to "I haven't the faintest idea" for better integration into the most common reply contexts.
I hear you, but actually, it was accurate in this case: It's possible that it's a bug, but it's equally possible that a change in a component may have made it necessary to disable the color flag for some reason. I don't currently have any updates on whether this is known/intentional or as yet unknown. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update: This just didn't get included in the HM7 upgrade. It will be restored in the next update (7.1). 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Ed Hawco

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Yay!

[extra characters to meet the minimum 20 character requirement for a post in this forum...]
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco