WishNot - old frameset webhelp

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

WishNot - old frameset webhelp

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi Tim, Alex,

This is an unusual entry in the wish list because I'm asking you NOT to do something. :)

Can I ask that you please ensure that the old frameset-style Webhelp is NOT discontinued in future H&M upgrades? I mean the traditional H&M output without a skin and using the "Classic 2-frame" layout.

Old-style framesets are now deprecated in HTML and may not be supported in all browsers in future, so you may be tempted to discontinue it.

But I'm not using it in a web browser. I'm using it in my own simplified embedded Help viewer for those of my users who are running my software under Wine on Linux. The excellent EWriter executables won't run under Wine, so I'm providing my own simplified equivalent for such users (there are quite a lot of them).

So please don't discontinue this. Or if you are intending to do so, can you please say so now, so that I can explore an alternative solution. Thanks.

regards,

Martin.