Quick editing option for toggled images

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

itexnz

Quick editing option for toggled images

Unread post by itexnz »

Hi, another suggestion

Editing a regular image is quick and painless, I can right-click and choose to edit either in the built in tool, or SnagIt etc., if that has been configured... but if the image has been set as a toggle image (as I typically do), there is no corresponding option. There should be an ability to edit the toggling options as well as edit the underlying picture. For toggled images I currently have to go into the toggle edit window, manually copy the path to the image and manually add this path to a file>open series of steps in my chosen image editing tool, save and refresh the topic to see the changes.

That's a lot of steps and I have hundreds of images! Pse Help guys :)
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Quick editing option for toggled images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Itex,

Agreed. Added to the ToDo list. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steve Long

Unread post by Steve Long »

Also I'm wondering if there's an option to see the full-sized image in the editor window instead of the reduced toggle size?

Otherwise the only way that I could verify later on if a screen shot is still accurate is to generate the PDF.

Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Steve Long wrote:Also I'm wondering if there's an option to see the full-sized image in the editor window instead of the reduced toggle size?
No, this isn't available. But if the editing option comes you will be able to see it by quickly opening it in the editor. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.