Image housekeeping

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

Image housekeeping

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

A housekeeping function to search through all the folders in the search path, and copy all used images and/or snippets into one specified location would be very handy.

Martin.
itexnz

Re: Image housekeeping

Unread post by itexnz »

I'll second that... but I have a caveat, I have about 60 separate projects, I'd like the ability to create a "global" linked project and the tool to be able to trawl through all 60 linked projects and do the same - but actually for finding images that are now totally NOT used anywhere so I can easily/safely delete those unneeded files
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
hmotulsky

Unread post by hmotulsky »

I too would love to have the many unlinked images in my projects swept into a special folder for archiving or deleting.
Harvey Motulsky
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We've implemented a function to backup and remove unused images in the last beta build 4057:
http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe

The function is implemented right below the list of "unused images" in the (full) project report. It splits the images by folder, so that you can remove the images folder-wise with the click of a button. The function creates a new sub-folder titled "Unused Images (xx)" where xx is simply a counter. Images are removed from the folder and backed up in the "unused" folder.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH