Options when inserting tables, table styles, etc.

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

Options when inserting tables, table styles, etc.

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

When inserting a table from the menu, you get initially the Default table style. That's fine and obvious.

But it would be great to have an option that when inserting a table as a nested table, some other defined table style should be used by default.

This could be a global setting, or ideally a setting in each table style to select which table style should be used by default for nested tables within it.

In a similar vein, an option in each table style to set a default paragraph style to be used within its cells would be very handy.

I know it is possible to copy and paste empty tables, or insert pre-set tables from snippets. But the above would be more convenient, allow for cascading of settings, and fit nicely with the existing H&M style mechanisms.

While I'm wishing about tables, I will just repeat my request for Overwrite mode in the editor -- without much hope of getting it. :(

Creating data tables is one place where it is so very useful. Also for code examples. It does seem odd that the RVF editor seems to be alone among every other editor I use in not offering this. It is bog-standard everywhere else in Windows, and there is a key on the keyboard expressly for it. It works even in text boxes in IE.

Martin.