Context menu fade-in animation

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Thomas Haberl

Context menu fade-in animation

Unread post by Thomas Haberl »

When opening the context menu by right-clicking in the H&M topic editor, the menu takes about a second to slowly fade in. In my opinion, this is pretty annoying and the fade-in time should be reduced to 250 ms max. This applies to all drop-down menus, including those in the ribbon control on top.

Another thing to consider is to disable the animation entirely if "Visual effects are performance optimized" is activated in the General options.

Regards,
Thomas
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Context menu fade-in animation

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Thomas,

If we did make this change I guarantee you would instantly want us to reverse it, because it would make normal browsing in the TOC while you are working impossible and would drive you to distraction in less than five minutes. 8) If you display the context box and then move the mouse you will notice that it then displays instantly for every TOC entry. The pause before displaying the box is essential, because then it makes it possible to move the mouse around in the TOC without having context boxes pop up constantly when you don't want them.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Thomas Haberl

Unread post by Thomas Haberl »

Hi Tim,

We are talking about two different things here. I am referring to the context menu that appears when pressing the right mouse button anywhere in the editor or the TOC:

Between pressing the mouse button and the context menu becoming fully opaque, it takes about a second on my PC (Windows 10).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I agree that it is a little slow. We'll look into that. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.