Using several colors in Topic status

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nathalie Preininger

Using several colors in Topic status

Unread post by Nathalie Preininger »

Hi,

I use the coloring feature in Topic status a lot and I set up a whole range of customized statuses. Sometimes I would like to use 2 colors on one section. For example to mark it as "Needs review" and "Update screenshot". Would it be possible to implement that?

Thanks for considering this

Best regards

Nathalie
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Using several colors in Topic status

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nathalie,

Sorry, but each topic can only have one status at any one time. If you need a "double" status you need to define it yourself. Go to Configuration > Common Properties > Topic Status, select Add Status and then define your own Needs Review/Update Screenshot status with a custom color.

Important: Custom status is stored with the project, not globally. So you need to redefine it separately for each project. You can also use the Copy properties from... button at the bottom of the Topic Status screen to copy custom status from another project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nathalie Preininger

Re: Using several colors in Topic status

Unread post by Nathalie Preininger »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. I have been defining my own status(es) already, it would have reduced the number of colors quite a bit if it had been possible to use several colors on one status.
But that's okay, I'll continue working in a multicolored environment :D

Best regards,
Nathalie