Setting orientation for printed output

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

waldemar.hersacher

Setting orientation for printed output

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

I want to have a orientation flag for printed output. This flag will work on topic basis.

If you have a table in a topic which will have several columns you can scale the window of the help viewer but the table will be unredable if you are forced to make small columns to get it printed.

I want to have to set this flag during creation of a new topic. The flag should be set to portrait when you have started H&M and create the first new topic. But if changed it should remember its setting during the rest of the H&M session.

In the print manual desinger the page type Topics must be split into a Portrait Topic and a Landscape Topic page. A "intentionally blank page" will inherit the orientation from the preceeding page.

This change will alter the project files so they will not be backward compatible (just a guess). Thats why I don't expect to get this before a major update from Version 3 to 4 of H&M.
Waldemar