Make all on-top dialogs floating/dockable windows

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tobias Escher

Make all on-top dialogs floating/dockable windows

Unread post by Tobias Escher »

Hi!

After working with H+M for some time now, there's one usability feature I wish every day was there:
H+M has a number of dialog windows that need to be called up every few seconds. These include the variables, builds, styles, image options, etc..
All these dialogs are always on top, prevent usage of any other part of the software while open and close once a selection has been made.
I would love for these windows to become floating, dockable windows in a future version.

That would make adding variables or selecting styles so much easier. The user could simply drag variables or build conditions from these windows to the editor, while the windows remained open.

I hope one day this will be possible!

best

Tobias
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Make all on-top dialogs floating/dockable windows

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tobias,

All the windows that can be dockable already are. When a dialog blocks all other input (known as a "modal" dialog) this is not done to annoy the user, but because it is really necessary. Allowing any other input before the action of the modal dialog is completed would cause problems or would require a major change in the underlying functioning of the program. That is why it is modal. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.