A quicker way to copy the URL links of anchors

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

A quicker way to copy the URL links of anchors

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I accept that it must be hard to find and generate an anchor URL from a menu item in a browser, and I do not necessarily want every help user to be able to list all the anchors in a topic, even though I would find it helpful for myself. But would it be possible to get such links in the H&M editor, based on a HELP_URL variable in the project file? (Currently I only see this variable in my skins).

I would like to be able to right-click on an anchor in a topic, and find a menu item to copy its URL link to the clipboard. And while you are at it, I would like to be able to to right-click on any link within a topic and right-click it to copy its destination URL link (topic, topic with anchor, or web link) to the clipboard.

I frequently have the help project open, not the web help itself, and this feature would save me a lot of time, as well avoiding my typos when having to look up and add an anchor name manually to a URL.