Change color of the text of a project in Project Explorer

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Change color of the text of a project in Project Explorer

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Why I'd like this:
I'm working with 2 instances of H+M open on a dual monitor setup. I'm using the left-hand instance to edit a Project that is a Snippet Project (SP) for another Project where the snippets will be inserted. The Project Explorer of this left-hand instance has both the SP and the receptacle Project (RP) listed, and I'd like to keep it that way. There are instances where I'd like to go back and forth between the SP and RP in the left instance.

The right instance is where I am doing the heavy work. There, I'm editing the RP, mainly by creating snippets that draw their text from the Snippet Project topics.

On the left instance, I almost edited a topic in the receptacle project, when I really wanted to edit the source text in the Snippet Project.

If the Project Editor text for the Snippet Project topics could be set to a color other than black, I could instantly see (know) when I'm selecting a topic in the project that I really want to work in.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Change color of the text of a project in Project Explore

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Just set the TOC item status to a different color in one project:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... c_icon.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.