Checkboxes to Long Report "Unused Images" to prevent moving

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Checkboxes to Long Report "Unused Images" to prevent moving

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

I have an image that ends up under the Unused Images heading in the long repot: hmtoggle_plus1-15-2.png. I'd like a check box to select that image so that it is not moved from the image source folder, before I click on the very handy "Move unused images from this folder to a backup folder."

Every time I click the "Move unused images..." I forget, then remember when I Publish and see the publish status go red due to a missing image...

(Its the minus sign for the toggles - it's not active in the project when the report is generated, and thus appears to be unused to the report generator...it may be the only type of image that carries this "invisible to reports" attribute.)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Checkboxes to Long Report "Unused Images" to prevent mov

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

This may actually be a cosmetic bug, since those images are actually referenced within your topics. Normally, the only images that will show up "incorrectly" in the unused images list are those that are only referenced in your HTML code, for example in HTML templates in a skin. I'll have our developers look into this.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Update: This was a small bug. It's fixed in the current beta, if you want to use it now:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v736.exe

Otherwise it will be in the next maintenance update (7.3.6).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Thanks - you're providing a solid definition of customer responsiveness!