Suggestion for functionality with projects within projects

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

itexnz

Suggestion for functionality with projects within projects

Unread post by itexnz »

Hi, I often use the feature of including a project as a chapter within another project

E.g. I have a separate glossary project which I include where needed. Also I have a global overview project which I use to create an all-in-one PDF for partner companies and support staff, which has each separate publication as a chapter.
2018-07-20_10-09-37.png
Now, the features I'd like from the one location (assuming I've set the linked projects not to be readonly) are;

* Ability to run the find and replace tool to search topic text, keywords, etc., of all linked projects.
* Spellcheck topics (the spellcheck tool will work on table of contents but not topics.)
* Run the Report Tool (some aspects work but it mostly gives misleading info for linked projects, e.g. the Unused Images feature does not correctly identify images that are genuinely not used by one or more linked projects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for functionality with projects within projec

Unread post by Tim Green »

I've moved this to the Wish List section because that is monitored directly by our developers. These are all good suggestions. I can't promise which of them will get implemented how soon, but they are definitely things that are on our radar., 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VincentBevort

Re: Suggestion for functionality with projects within projec

Unread post by VincentBevort »

Hi,

I also need this feature to be able to find (and replace) in tables as I have quite a lot of table in my projects
Senior Test Engineer & Technical Writer
Flowbird group