In the open image dialog - allow all files to be listed

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

itexnz

In the open image dialog - allow all files to be listed

Unread post by itexnz »

I often use SnagIt to annotate images and save a .snag file in the same location as teh final .png version. I'd like to be able to see the snag files in the open file dialog so that I can right click the .snag and edit it in snagit and then save the updated png in the location.

Currently however the open file dialog does not allow me to show "all files" - I realise that this was probably done to prevent a user from trying to select a txt file as an image - but it does make it harder to quickly do things
2018-08-08_12-28-30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: In the open image dialog - allow all files to be listed

Unread post by Tim Green »

You can always get around Open File dialog filters in Windows by entering your own filter in the filename field. Just type in *.* and press enter and then you will see all files. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
itexnz

Re: In the open image dialog - allow all files to be listed

Unread post by itexnz »

Dammit why didn't I think of trying that? lol. Thanks
Tim Green wrote:You can always get around Open File dialog filters in Windows by entering your own filter in the filename field. Just type in *.* and press enter and then you will see all files. 8)
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.