Add publishing task setting to include comments in PDF

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

MartinAP

Add publishing task setting to include comments in PDF

Unread post by MartinAP »

When publishing to PDF using Quick Publish, it is possible to include author comments by ticking the corresponding checkbox ('Publish PDF file with design comments'). However, I have created several publishing tasks for which I would like to include comments, too, but the settings for publishing tasks don't include such a checkbox. Therefore, it would be great if this could be added to the settings for publishing tasks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Add publishing task setting to include comments in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting this. I'll check on what the situation is with our developers and let you know. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MartinAP

Are there any news on this?
Tim Green
Site Admin

MartinAP wrote:Are there any news on this?
This is already available in the current maintenance update to 7.5.2 Build 4720:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

8) 8) 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MartinAP

First of all, I'm happy that it has been included! However, after installing the current maintenance update, I just tried it out and, although the checkbox is there now in the task properties, the PDF output still doesn't seem to include comments even though the new checkbox is ticked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

MartinAP wrote:I just tried it out and, although the checkbox is there now in the task properties, the PDF output still doesn't seem to include comments even though the new checkbox is ticked.
Sorry, I hadn't tested that myself yet, just confirmed what was in the new change log. I just tried it out and can confirm that there appears to be a problem. I've alerted our developers. :shock:
Regards,

Private support:
MartinAP

I just saw that there is a new maintenance update, tried it out and now it works - thank you very much for the continued improvement and support, I'm very happy that this function is now live! :)