Make indexing easier

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Laini Giles

Make indexing easier

Unread post by Laini Giles »

Please can you guys add drag and drop or arrows or SOMETHING to make indexing easier, and allow you to move child topics more easily under parents? I find this indexing functionality (compared to RoboHelp or other tools I've used in the past) to be a nightmare. It takes me four times as long to do anything. And the pop-ups after EVERY deletion? Gah! I'd really like to be able to delete multiple topics at once, without having to click OK after each one. :frustration:

Please consider modernizing this dinosaur-like functionality.
Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Make indexing easier

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Laini,

Umm, I think we have a terminology problem here: You write "indexing", which would normally mean editing and processing the keyword index. However, from what you write I think you are actually referring to structuring the TOC (table of contents). Have you found the tools for this in "Manage Topics"? These are the blue arrow icons there:
TocStructure.png
https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_worki ... omdem.html

You can select multiple topics in the TOC and manipulate them at any time you like. Just use CTRL+Click to select topics out of order or SHIFT+Click to select contiguous blocks of topics. You can then delete them all together with just one dialog, drag them or use the structure tools to change their level.

Please check out this chapter in the help:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_working_toc.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.