Support of multiple HTML page templates in V3 WebHelp

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

markusflow

Support of multiple HTML page templates in V3 WebHelp

Unread post by markusflow »

As Tim explained in this thread https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... 36&t=15748, "only the content represented by the <%TOPIC_TEXT%> variable in the template is replaced during browsing".

This means I can setup multiple page templates for a V3 WebHelp, but only the one of the page I called first will be applied to all pages, even if a page has a different page template.

Solution suggestion: The dynamic loading of the json files is only executed, if the file to be loaded has the same template. If a file with a different template should be loaded, the file fully loaded anew.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Support of multiple HTML page templates in V3 WebHelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

markusflow wrote:Solution suggestion: The dynamic loading of the json files is only executed, if the file to be loaded has the same template. If a file with a different template should be loaded, the file fully loaded anew.
That's a possibility. I'll think about it for the next major version. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.