Style clarity

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexandra Torrens

Style clarity

Unread post by Alexandra Torrens »

I wish that H&M did a better job at showing what style you are about to type in. Most of the time it's a no-brainer, however in some situations just looking at the ribbon won't necessarily tell you if you are going to be typing in that style. For example, say you have a bold word in the middle of plain text. If you use backspace to delete it, when you delete the last letter, the B in the ribbon is still highlighted, BUT if you start typing, it will be in the plain text.
I wish that the style ribbon showed what style the next letter you type will be in.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Style clarity

Unread post by Tim Green »

Alexandra Torrens wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:36 pmIf you use backspace to delete it, when you delete the last letter, the B in the ribbon is still highlighted, BUT if you start typing, it will be in the plain text. I wish that the style ribbon showed what style the next letter you type will be in.
That is actually exactly how it already behaves, the display changes as soon as you delete the last bold letter with Backspace. What version and build of Help+Manual are you using, and what Windows version?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexandra Torrens

Re: Style clarity

Unread post by Alexandra Torrens »

We are a bit behind, it's true. I keep bugging the sys admin to update, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm glad that when we eventually get the new version, it'll be fixed, as it's been a pet peeve of mine.

Currently I'm on Windows 10 and using 7.3.4 version.