eWriter password prompt - always on top

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Darren Rose

eWriter password prompt - always on top

Unread post by Darren Rose »

Hi

Can I suggest that the prompt which appears to enter password for a password protected eWriter eBook should be set to always appear on top as it is often hidden under multiple open windows and as it doesn't show when doing alt+tab either it means having to manually minimize each window in turn until you find it...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: eWriter password prompt - always on top

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Darren,

That's a good observation, thanks. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Darren,

Update: That is a normal Windows modal dialog that belongs to the eViewer application. Those dialogs can't be placed on-top since they are alread on top of the application they belong to. The only way around that would be to make eViewer itself on-top, and that isn't an option.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:35 amUpdate: That is a normal Windows modal dialog that belongs to the eViewer application. Those dialogs can't be placed on-top since they are alread on top of the application they belong to. The only way around that would be to make eViewer itself on-top, and that isn't an option.
Hi Tim,

Try showing the dialog using ShowWindow or ShellExecute with SW_SHOWNORMAL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... showwindow

That will activate it, i.e. bring it to the front of other applications.

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion but here I'm just passing on the response from the eViewer developer so I'm afraid I can't intervene in how it's implemented... :?
Regards,

Private support:
Darren Rose

Unread post by Darren Rose »

There are plenty of ways of getting a dialog box to appear on top of other windows, I personally program in VB and C# and do it all the time, so i'm sure if the developers actually wanted to do it they could. It seems to be more a case of won't rather than can't. Shame as not much point in use feeding back if no one cares (not meaning you Tim).