Print Manual Run-Time

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Olivier Beltrami

Print Manual Run-Time

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Many of my users wish to print the manual I generate with H&M. The problem is that I cannot send them the HM3 file as they do not have H&M.

I could install the printer driver they are using, print to file and email them the file but I really do not like the idea of installing many (probably buggy) printer drivers on my PCs, and also the final PS file is over 100 MB which is not so good for email.

Would there be a way to have a run-time that just prints an HM3 file ?
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Compile - Output Format = PDF

Just a suggestion... :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Olivier Beltrami

Compile - Output Format = PDF
That's what I am currentlyy doing but it has 2 drawbacks :

1) the page layout for the PDF export skips blank pages and generally messes up left/right sidedness of pages and

2) the screenshots suffer quite a bit of loss when exporting to PDF, which is not the case when printing directly to a printer.
Olivier Beltrami
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

the page layout for the PDF export skips blank pages and generally messes up left/right sidedness of pages
You can change this in the manual template and in Project|Properties -> PDF. Blank pages are skipped by default but Help & Manual has an option to include them. One of the PDF options is to produce a PDF manual that has an identical layout as the print manual.
the screenshots suffer quite a bit of loss
I rather believe this only seems to be bad on the display, because the bitmaps are included in the PDF as they are (all true color, by the way). So the PDF file has all the information it needs to create excellent prints.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Olivier Beltrami

I rather believe this only seems to be bad on the display, because the bitmaps are included in the PDF as they are (all true color, by the way). So the PDF file has all the information it needs to create excellent prints.
Aha ! I never tested it.
Thank you very much.
Olivier Beltrami