Insert image

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

umerz

Insert image

Unread post by umerz »

It would be helpful to add JPG's file format under Insert Image (Type All Images) At the moment only bmp, shg, wmf, emf,ipp are autom. loaded and I have always to add*.* to get jpg's.

also it would be nice to be able to define a fixed directory where all images are saved so users don't have always to change from one directory into another.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

As far as I know Alexander has left out integrated GIF and JPG import support because of the licensing restrictions. Including them would probably make the program much more expensive. This is already the case with GIF and it's now also happening with JPG -- some puny little company in Texas has bought an old JPG patent and is collecting millions from software and hardware manufacturers. Including Sony, according to the reports...

For more information see this topic in Announcements:

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtopic.php?t=87

I'm not so sure about the fixed directory idea. Most people like to have the graphics for each project in a separate directory.

However, what I would like to see is H&M being able to remember the graphics directory for each project. At the moment it always remembers the last graphics directory you accessed, even if this was in another project, which is a little annoying. It would be much better to automatically go to the graphics directory of the project you're working in. :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
umerz

Unread post by umerz »

I agree Tim, remembering the last directory would help me as well!