Set Image whitespace when inserting as a cutaround

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mehrenst

Set Image whitespace when inserting as a cutaround

Unread post by mehrenst »

I really like the ability to insert an image and flag it as either in-line, text left or text right. It makes doing a simple cutaround a lot easier (although when I need to maintain text/image placement I still use a table approach).

My additional wish would to be able to set the amount of whitespace from the text to the image edge. I've noted that in some cases the image runs too close to the adjacent text and having a bit more whitespace makes the page composition look a lot better.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You can add the necessary whitespace easily and quickly in Impict. Just click on the image to select it, then click on the rainbow i Impict tool in the toolbar to open it in Impict. Then select File > Properties > Image Size and increase the Width and Height values as required to add whitespace.

If you use the up and down arrows on the Width and Height values you can add whitespace in 10 pixel steps. Then when you close the Properties box (don't use Auto-Adjust, that would delete the whitespace again) click on the bitmap and use the cursor keys to position it within the new whitespace as required.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Re: Set Image whitespace when inserting as a cutaround

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

mehrenst wrote:My additional wish would to be able to set the amount of
whitespace from the text to the image edge
If you use PaintShopPro to do your .bmp to 8-bit .png conversions, it's
very easy to add whitespace around any image at the same time, using
the Add Borders function.

You can set up the border widths (which can be asymmetric) and background
colour/white. PSP remembers your settings, so you can add whitespace
around any imge with a couple of clicks.

Martin.
mehrenst

Unread post by mehrenst »

Thanks for the reply. :D

Yes, what you indicate is true. However, based on context there are times when the amount of whitespace required is not the same. This means that I need to create (and track) multiple graphics which all have the same content. :roll: