Remembering current topic editing position

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ddepta

Unread post by ddepta »

While editing e.g. topic text 'A', I have to jump to another topic 'B' to check it's content. When I come back to topic 'A' it is displayed from the beginnig, when there is a lot of text in topic 'A', I have to scroll again to find previous editing position. For example, in Delphi editor, editing position for each module is saved, even if you close project anf reopen it.
It's simple, but saves time.
Best regards
Dariusz Depta
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

I add my vote for this one -- it's something that I also often wish for. :o
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mickeyf

Unread post by Mickeyf »

The is especially noticed when one topic contains an extensive list of links to other topics. I find that I'm jumping back and forth continually to check, add new anchors within the target topic to make the link more precise, etc.

The code editor that comes with Delphi does a great job of maintaining the cursor position for every open page (not to mention its bookmarks feature), but of course that is an MDI editor, which Wordpad is not. Hopefully the new editing engine will enable this desirable feature to be easily added.

I'm surprised there are so few requests for this, but perhaps they're titled differently.

Thanks,

Mickey