Topic Status

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Topic Status

Unread post by John Smith »

I like the way you can change the colour of the topic to indicate status. It is a great way to tag what needs to be done, etc.

But it takes about 3 mouse clicks, or Alt commands to get there.

I would like to see 4 small colour boxes just above the topics (where the position arrows etc are), which you can easily choose, to change the colour.

Suggestion - Make Table of Contents = TOC: and put the small boxes to the right hand side on same line as the heading "TOC:".
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

This is a great suggestion John! Sometimes it's the little details that improve the ergonomics of a program. :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

Thanks Tim

I would also like to extend this suggestion.

1) When a new topic is created, it starts off with a pale yellow colour (not as strong as the yellow already included). As it stands each new topic starts off with the normal "completed" colour. The pale yellow could not be reproduced once the status has been changed, but would indicate what is not completed, without of course going through each one and changing the colour.

2) Ability to select several topics and change the colour.

3) Topic Status comments - In the Topic Options, under Topic ID, Help Window, Keywords, and A Keywords, I would like to see an area for free text, that would not actually be included in the build. Already I have been caught writing myself a note in the Help Text, and forgetting to delete it.

It could also be used a small record of who did what.