Topic Status to Show in Parent

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Olivier Beltrami

Topic Status to Show in Parent

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Would it be possible, when a topic is collapsed, to have it show somehow if some of its child topics have a yellow/red/etc... topic status. Maybe a red/yellow dot in the TOC ?

Something similar in concept to the checkbox used for Builds which include this topic, which is grayed is some of its children only are checked.

Otherwise I have to keep my topic tree open at many places to remember to go finish some unfinished topics.
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

What I usually do is mark the topic itself as uncompleted, until all children are finished.

But it would be nice especially if you have text under the original topic which had been completed.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I usually run the project report to find topics that are not completed.

The problem with the display is that it is refreshed every time Windows displays the tree. Open or collaps a chapter and the entire TOC tree gets repainted. A parent topic/chapter would have to iterate all its childs every time it displays its caption. This just takes a few milliseconds but if you multiply that with thousand or more topics, it would cause a significant delay.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Olivier Beltrami

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

I usually run the project report to find topics that are not completed.
I haven't used this feature very much at all yet. I probably need to learn about it some more.
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data