'start on even page'

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kooswillem

'start on even page'

Unread post by Kooswillem »

I would like a 'start on even page' option in the manual designer.
You have the option to print a section in the print designer on a odd page or on any page, I would like to use the option 'on even page'. I will tell you why.

If I print a custom build with the wrong number of pages (the total is either even or odd, I don't remember) the back cover gets printed on the odd page (on the inside in stead of on the back)

So I now need to add a blank page, to make sure the cover is printed on the even side.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

You would think the back cover would always print on an even page, without the user having to insert an extra odd page to force it there.

This won't be a problem if you are using the back cover sheet as a slipsheet in a binder cover sleeve. As long as there's no page number printed on it, no one will know it was produced as an odd page or an even page.

However, if you are producing a master copy to be used in a high-speed copier (Docutech or similar) with back-to-back printing and cover stock for the first and last sheets, then you need to have the back cover be an actual even page. So I see your point. :?
Kooswillem

Unread post by Kooswillem »

I still have this problem because I'm printing A5 booklets, which means printing two pages on one A4 (actually eight 2 on each side), using H&M to create the booklet, the page can be on the wrong side if you do not force an extra page and the total number of pages is odd.

If you do though, you will get a blank page with a page number and a title line which (IMHO) looks very ugly. Because I don't like blank pages I also have to keep in mind to keep the total number of pages at a number that can be divided by four...

I make it hard for myself sometimes... :? Ahh well, it looks good 8)