Emaulate WORD's Ctrl+Shift+> for font sizing

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

TValley

Emaulate WORD's Ctrl+Shift+> for font sizing

Unread post by TValley »

MS WORD has a great time-saver for increasing and decreasing font sizes, something I find myself doing frequently in H&M.

How it works: Highlight a word or paragraph, then press Ctrl+Shift+> to increase to the next font size, or Ctrl+Shift+< to decrease the font size.

Note that the effect is relative: If there are three different font sizes within the highlighted area, each font size will be incremented/decremented individually, retaining the differences.

Thanks for considerng this. In almost every other respect, I actually ENJOY working with H&M.

-Tim Valley
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

How do you increase the font? I am only able to decrease it. The characters "<" and ">" are on the same key on a German keyboard.

I fear that this key may be used for a special character in other languages. Any experiences especially from East-European (Czech, Polish, Russian) users? Feedback is welcome!
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
TValley

Fonts size changes

Unread post by TValley »

Alexander,

I'm not sure what MS-Word does for the German keyboard layout; perhaps they use other keys?

This is from WORD's online Help:

Change or resize the font

CTRL+SHIFT+F
Change the font
CTRL+SHIFT+P
Change the font size
CTRL+SHIFT+>
Increase the font size
CTRL+SHIFT+<
Decrease the font size
CTRL+]
Increase the font size by 1 point